Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mama Always Said...

My mom used to tell me, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."
Of course, that advice was continuously countered by my father's opposing, (and far louder) view:
"If you don't have anything nice to say, say it anyways. If they don't like it, that's just too fucking bad."

I will admit to falling into the latter category of speaking more often than not.

But I digress...
It's not that I don't have anything nice to say, (we already established that that is unfortunately not an issue) the thing is, for once, I just really don't seem to have a damn thing to say. Who knew that was even possible?

I hope it goes away soon...It's a terribly uncomfortable feeling.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sunnygirl,
      somehow blogger ate my reply to you, and I didn't catch it until I noticed that there were an odd number of comments on this post lol.

      Inspiration is returning already! All I had to do was admit that I had nothing to say I guess...

      Delete
  2. lmao...this was me last week are you sure your not in my living room?

    I was just lacking inspiration but mostly thinking i was just going full circle and stuck in groundhog day, same things in my head over and over lol

    It will come back, just write whatever when you feel like it.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tori,
      I did think of you as I was writing this lol.
      And I hear you on the broken record bit--one can only repeat the same thought cycle so many times before feeling a little bat-shit crazy.

      Delete
  3. Good post Lil.
    Just proves that we will be here to read, even when you have nothing to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Roz,
      thank you. I'm starting to feel slightly more inspired and less broken recordish lol.

      Delete

Play nice.