Saturday, March 14, 2020

Lost their damn minds...

People done lost their damn minds out there.

Then they closed the schools and these fuckers went NUTS.

I waited in line 15 minutes to buy saran wrap. Guy in front of me bought 8 cans of comet right from beneath the sign, "as are most retailers, we are out of hand sanitizer and toilet paper. We apologize for the inconvenience and will restock as soon as we can".

Woman in line behind me yesterday bought 148 rolls of toilet paper.
Me today: Ummm...I'd just like one pack of toilet paper today so I can wipe my ass next week? Nope. Ummm...Tampons? Hahahahaha nope. Ok...one bottle of antibacterial hand soap that will last my household a month? Hahahahaha, Oh helllll no! Ok, one small bottle of hand sanitizer...? Hahahaha, good luck bitch, the bathrooms are closed because people are stealing all the toilet paper, and you think you get hand sanitizer???

People done lost their damn minds out there. And their buying doesn't even make sense! If you really think it's that bad, what you gonna do, live off toilet paper and hand sanitizer for three months??

Ok, so clearly I have had a rough week and am low on patience. I'm the only one at work who hasn't been out sick for a week, and there were only two of us today, which is our busiest day of the week. People are even more rude, demanding, and entitled than usual. I'm exhausted.

The nonsensical panic, selfishness, entitlement, and overall sense of personal importance overwhelming the portion of the human race that I'm dealing with right now is disgusting.
I want to believe that we can be good. That humanity has redeeming qualities. That there is something inherently beautiful and wondrous about who and what we are. But damn...




10 comments:

  1. The whole virus thing isn't funny, but your candid response did make me laugh. But, seriously two weeks of supplies and groceries makes sense, but not months. 148 rolls? The store should have made her put most of them back. Grrr! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Windy,
      It totally becomes a self-perpetuating prophecy! And really, so few of the choices make any sense...Like today there was no ice cream in the grocery store next to my work...Like, really?? Guess you need all that toilet paper cuz you're living off ice cream...?

      Delete
  2. LoL, yeah, it's total madness. The mind boggles at the panic buying and what items people think are important. Fighting over toilet paper...really?

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz,
      it's seriously out of hand! B saw two old ladies scrapping over hand wipes today! I just...

      Delete
  3. right there with you. hope you found some rest/peace/momentary pause from it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleue,
      So far not lol. But I have 2 days off, and that's good enough!

      Delete
  4. I'm with you. I can't believe the selfishness and the violence over tp. I've never seen shelves so empty even when I lived in FL and we were under hurricane watch. I wish wellness for all and for some a dose of civility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunnygirl,
      It's insane! And every person I have dealt with in the last two days has become more rude and entitled by the moment. I was cussed out twice today--once because a customer didn't like my price quote, and once because I refused to work with an animal that didn't have a rabies vaccine. Sigh.
      The struggle out there is real and mostly formed by self fulfilling prophecies.

      Delete
  5. SUPER frustrating. When I read this about the 148 roles of TP I was angry - and I wasn't even there! That is just plain RUDE! Then I read about a guy who bought close to 18K hand sanitizers, sold some for a big profit. I was cheering to read that eBay and Amazon shut him down and he had to donate them. C'mon. Do people not have any conscience at all? What happened to all the "brotherly love" I keep hearing being preached?

    So nuts out in the world these days. I hope you are safe. I hope your loved ones are safe. And I really hope this passes quickly because my nerves are shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deena,
      It is totally nuts! Not a potato or roll of tp in sight yesterday.
      Ugh...I feel you on the nerves being shot. I'm ready to be done with it all too!

      Delete

Play nice.