Friday, February 28, 2014

In the Space Between

There in that space
between words
between what is meant
and what is said.

There in that silence 
between breaths
when the heartbeat thunders in your ears
a silence so vast as to be
deafeningly loud.

There in that moment
between when eyes meet
and voices speak their mediocrity.

There in that place
between heaven and hell
between the sheets of defeat
that place where the silence speaks
and the sky falls to its knees.

There

in that emptiness on the page
between joy and incoherent rage
hidden within the slip of a pen
behind the silence of men.

There
in the space between everything that was and will be
in the silence of infinity
as life screams loudly at quiet death
and birth is reborn on the the earth's last breath.

There
in the space between stars
written in vivid scars across universal sands
traced in dangerous glory across time
there you are
there I am.
There
in all that ever was or could be
there
is where I find you
where you find me
where we are and will just
be
with nothing in between.

8 comments:

  1. You write so beautifully. That was so beautiful. Really, really beautiful. I love your poetry. I should comment more when I read your posts because what you do is very soul touching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blondie,
      What a sweet comment. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. I hope you are keeping these together. You should publish a book of poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you sunnyigrl. You are so inspiring to me, and you have no idea how much your continual sweet support means.

      Delete
  3. Oh ditto Sunnygirl, because that was my thoughts. You write superb poetry. Dare I mention it is a gift ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DelFonte,
      thank you! Ooh, superb gift...You really are too kind to me.

      Delete

Play nice.