Monday, April 21, 2014

This, That, and A Bit of Something Else


So true...I need a trip to the edge. And not the edge of sanity upon which I seem to be balancing so precariously these days.

In other, completely unrelated news, he said I could henna my hair! Now this might not seem like a big deal, but if doing so wouldn't have killed me, I'd have done back-flips. It has been ages since I used henna, and I always loved the color it put in my hair. I'm a little concerned with the premature grey (you understand my joy now, right), but I think those strands will just become copper highlights. I can indigo it down later if I need to.

I was going to be lazy yesterday, but I decided to put it off till today. It'll be fun. I'm going to turn the TV on early, and watch things that don't even remotely resemble Ben Ten, and be completely lazy while the henna soaks in. I might even put tea bags on my eyes and put my feet up. If I can handle it.
Livin large I tell you, livin large.


I seem to have once again have gotten completely carried away by life and my writing is suffering for it, so if anyone has any topic suggestions, don't be stingy!

14 comments:

  1. I love the image of the henna soaking in with tea bags on your eyes. Sounds so chillin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sunnygirl,
      well, the kids were rotten, and it wouldn't have been safe to close both eyes at once, so no tea bags. I did spend an inordinate amount of time on the couch though!

      Delete
  2. I have all week off to do many of the things you are describing. We won't even discuss the real color of my hair - I have it done every 5 to 6 weeks - I could go longer, but I'm short and everyone can look down at my part.

    I hope you enjoy you day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PK,
      Nice to see you.
      I look at my mom and the whole premature greying thing doesn't seem to be coming from her, but mine was making me sad.

      I hope you have a lovely week!

      Delete
  3. hoorah on the henna! Gosh, I think I've only used once, as a teenager... my did it smell... planty rather than chemically, sure, but it still honked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mc kitten,
      oh, I added cloves and they made it smell really nice. Unfortunately, my addition of vinegar prompted him to start calling me "Pickles". That was yesterday...He called me pickles again when I woke up this morning...Sigh*

      Delete
  4. You can have a mini spa in your own home. Sounds divine!!! Wish we could see before and after pics. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah,
      In retrospect, I think that such plans probably work best when children do not have access to your home...

      I love it! Though, I'll love it a lot less if he decides he doesn't like it...Gonna do it again soon just o make it a bit darker.

      Delete
  5. Topic Suggestions: If there is one thing you could change about your current lifestyle what would it be?

    What is one of your favorite books or movies and why?

    Describe how you two met. (for newcomers like myself)

    What is one thing that is very important to you (besides family/relationship)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you could meet and have dinner and discussion with anyone in the world (alive or dead)
    who would it be and what would you ask?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon,
      Ooh, I'm going to have to think about that one!

      Delete
  7. Oh yay, this sounds wonderful Lil. Hope you had a great day chillin :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz,
      The children killed the chill factor, but the hair is nice!

      Delete

Play nice.