Thursday, November 6, 2014

Tracking Time

I have kept myself busy this week:

I took a razor blade to the bottom of my pans
I cleaned the desk *shudder--it's like checking the mail ten times in one day
I did the ever magically replicating laundry
I dusted my books and shined up chess trophies
I took down pictures and cleaned the backs and frames
I cleaned the keyboard--with a Q-tip
I pulled specials off of their shelves and dusted them down
I folded all of the laundry.

I realized that I keep time by his calls. My day is counted away by the space between rings, the moments of silence broken by his words...

And so I wait for my fix. Hours meaningless and defined by the feeling in my veins, the beat of my heart, the race for the phone. The sound of his voice from a thousand miles away...

So I drown in the tragic majesty of life, the beautiful uncertainty of being. As I track time by the space between his calls...

6 comments:

  1. You took a razor blade to your pans? St least you are getting a lot of extra chores done :)

    I'm sorry you are apart at the moment Lil. Being apart sucks, I hope the time passes quickly.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz,
      in all fairness, I didn't get them all...Lol.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Hugs! It really seems like this is a difficult time for a lot of people here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ksst,
      Hugs back atcha.
      There certainly seems to be a lot of rough times going around these days, doesn't there?

      Delete
  3. For mouse it's time spent between text messages. It's hard at times, easier to keep busy but the nights seem endless.

    Hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mouse,
      the nights do become truly lengthy spans of time, don't they?

      Delete

Play nice.