Monday, July 25, 2011

Sexy is a state of mind

I think that sexy is a state of mind.

I'm not talking about the people who just know they're sexy and "you are so blessed just to rest your eyes upon me--look at me, I'm sooo sexy." That's not really sexy. In fact men like that make me think about things like walking all over them in high heels. Ahem, neither my normal state of mind or something I personally find in the least bit sexy. And women like that? Well, they bring out that nasty little cat in me lol.

Anyone can be sexy because it's a state of mind.

And it's a state of mind that has been exceptionally elusive to me lately (of course, being surrounded by screaming raging children constantly doesn't help. Oh yes, I'm sexy, just let me finish disciplining this eight year old, repeating myself to that three year old, and scraping the two year old off my leg). Times like these are when my self-image interferes with my state of mind and sexy seems like a far off place.

I have spent parts of my life trying to be sexy ("trying" doesn't work, it's just not the same), and other times I spent trying Not to be sexy, something I got down to a science--it's a way of avoiding the creeps and staying under the radar.

Sexy doesn't care what you are wearing (though hey, it can sure help with said mental state), or particularly what you're doing. Sexy is in your head, how you are feeling, what you are thinking. It is indiscriminate of age, sex, race, and station. It's an enjoyable place to be.

So you see, sexy is a state of mind--one I would like to spend a little more time in.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you completly as I've seem women of all ages, shapes, and sizes carry themselves off with a sexy attidue. But how do you achieve this state of mind? That's what I want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serenity, ummm, I haven't quite figured that out yet. Still working on it.
    But when I do, damn I'll be sexy lol.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.