Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Lines in the Sand

Yesterday, I told him that I feel like the line of acceptable behavior keeps moving. There are behaviors and reactions which would have been acceptable a few months ago, but aren't anymore. I'm having a hard time keeping up.
I informed him of this fact as he was herding me towards the bedroom and a rather unpleasant encounter for my behind. It was totally unfair because I had tried to run...Ever seen a sub attempt to escape reckoning while favoring an injured foot? Well, it's not pretty. I'm told that my attempts at dignity were completely unsuccessful. 

Got distracted again, didn't I...

Ahh yes, I pouted raised the issue that he keeps moving the line and it's terribly unfair some days I have a hard time keeping up. His response was that he likes to draw the line in the sand so that he can move it whenever he wants. Uh, what happened to all that stuff about the importance of clear expectations? Oh, they're still clear, they just evolve. Hmph.

The compulsion to redraw this used to be terribly strong
I might have complained just a teensy bit. He smirked and pointed out that my corner was indeed shrinking. He asked me if I had a problem with that. Now, I might be a slow learner, but I know a trick question when I hear one--often, there is really only one right answer. Happily enough, I didn't actually have a problem with it, so it was easy to provide the correct response.

That line in the sand is tricky though...Sometimes the urge to hang a toe over and wiggle it just a teensy bit is terribly strong. Though I have found that I no longer have any desire to move the line wherever I want it. Because I need it to be wherever he draws it. Even if he does keep moving the damn thing.

19 comments:

  1. I get the impression the tide comes in, washes the line away and he simply draws a new one..... somewhere else. That's the trouble with waves, they come and go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DelFonte,
      hmmm, you make a good point there. It does seem like an odd coincidence that when redrawn, that line always leaves him with more of the bed though. So to speak...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. sunnygirl,
      lol, yes--they'll suck you down before you know it.

      Delete
  3. This puts a smile on my face. Especially the part where you try to run, bahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty,
      lmao! As a group, subs are very sadistic--always laughing at the suffering of others. I know, I do it all the time! Maybe a touch to much honesty there...

      Delete
  4. oh, that line. it is always being redrawn here too. I've learned it's when I realize His 'lesson' that it's redrawn. The problem, I'm realizing quickly, so it shifts even faster. I try to think as Him, haha. That joke is so on me.

    Those darn trick questions. Ouch on the toe. Hope in the end the line became crystal clear. Love your analogy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So let me get this straight. Your toe hurts and now your backside. Really, lil, one would think you would stay far away from that line - what with the broken toe and all, it might be a little painful (and not just for your toe) to wiggle it over the line.

    BTW - your last paragraph sums it up nicely. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah,
      mmhmm, and he concentrated on the opposite butt cheek, so my gait was decidedly lopsided. Who does he think he is anyways, laughing at me and all?! Yea...Don't bother answering that.

      Delete
  6. oh gosh yes, you're so right about that shifting line...

    This reminds me that I complained once that it was like I'd asked to play tennis and he'd agreed and then I looked round and found we were playing basket ball - which is fine, I like basket ball, but I still wanted to play tennis!

    He replied that no, we were playing tennis, he was just moving the net up and down...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mc kitten,
      ooh, that's an awesome analogy!
      What I always wonder is why it seems to take me so damn long to realize we are playing a different game than I thought...

      Delete
  7. "Oh there still clear, they just evolve" had me laughing..sorry

    damn dominants they just like messing with our heads i think...and they wander why we overthink things lol

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tori,
      I guess it's fair. There maybe might have been the occasional moment where I have laughed at your predicaments. Maybe. Just a little.

      No kidding, huh!

      Delete
  8. i find myself actually asking for the line to get redrawn every now and then. (glutton for punishment right here, lol) But when He moves it, especially if He moves it and tells me AFTER i get in trouble, then i want to take issue with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. scarlet,
      the line moving does seem to come as surprise more often than I would like to admit...

      Delete
  9. Hi Lil, oh yes, that line is damn tricky to negotiate isn't it? Especially when they keep changing it! So tempting at times to wiggle a toe over too. I also find that line can sometimes be too easy to cross sometimes without even trying LoL

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz,
      very tricky, indeed!
      Oh....Yea, I'm queen of the accidental overstep. Explains a lot about the condition of my toes...

      Delete
  10. This happens to be an example of why I am a brat as a sub. One night I was to count backwards while I took my spankings and when I messed up on a number, I automatically went back to the previous number as to correct my mistake and take an extra swat. Ya, I wound up getting in trouble for that! Ohh I was so irritated by that. How are ya gonna punish for obediently taking extra swats? But you see I assumed and did not ask him first. I am new to all this and as much as I am all in and love this lifestyle, I have a hard time emptying my brain of my own common sense. But ya I guess you can tell I am still in training.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soumis,
      emptying one's mind can be such a huge challenge, can't it?

      If I lose count I have to start over at 1. Not a fan of that policy...

      Delete

Play nice.