Monday, December 12, 2011

Being Cared For

I think my last pots came off as all about fixing things. And yea--totally awesome that he can fix things because I'm really good at breaking them lol.
We take care of each other in different ways.

But it's not just about being taken care of--it's also about being cared for.
And it's easy for me to get them confused--in a way I have always looked out for myself. On the other hand, I have never had to take care of myself...I try not to write things before coffee, so I claim no responsibility if this makes no sense at all lol.

I took care of and cared for Alpha when his shoulder was dislocated. He couldn't take care of me at all. Yet, he still cared for me.

And it's not just about fixing things with legos (though you have to admit, it's pretty damn cool to find something useful for those evil instruments of parental torture), it's about having someone who you know beyond a shadow of a doubt will be there to care for you when you need them. It's about getting past our preconceived notions of weakness and actually accepting that care.

Yes I love competency. And it takes many forms. But at the end of the day it's not so much about what he can do as what he will do--he will always be there to care for me when I need him. And I will do the same for him.

Hmmm, the picture thing worked so well, maybe I should stick with the simple approach and revert to picture communication lol.

My minds not in it--I'm not living in the moment, I'm living in the "a few hours from now" 24 whole hours without children in residence. I have no clue what we are going to do with ourselves.
Well, I have a bit of a clue...

6 comments:

  1. OMGoodness... you are going to have 24 hours of bliss without children??? I am so jealous!! Good for you guys! And no... I'm sure you have no idea what your going to do with yourselves!!!! ;o)

    What a sweet post... S has been down for a while and hasn't fixed anything with chewing gum and foil for a while but he does still care for me and always has my best interest at heart. Just sitting next to him at church when he puts his arm around me and lets me know that he loves me. Makes my heart melt...

    Have fun you two!!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hear what you're saying. Master has been working 14 and 16 hour days, and will be until He meets a deadline, and is often too tired to take care of me in a certain manner.....but i always feel cared for. i know he's always thinking about the next evil thing He can do to me with a find from Home Depot....and it helps me to be patient. Argh. i'm not making any sense myself, here. But i think you get it.

    :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are not busy reading your blog - and that you get this after your 24 hrs. And i hope you had a most amazing time with your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You so need a break! Very glad you are getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mikki, inoright? Miracles really do happen lol.
    And it's those little moments like you describe that really do it.

    pepper, I get it. I really do.

    Conina, it's like...Wow! lol.

    gg, lol, good point. And it has been quite amazing.

    Serenity, oh we did. And I am so glad, I don't even know how to use words anymore lol.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.