Saturday, April 27, 2013

Life Got Away...In the Land of Vanilla

Life has run away from me over the course of the last couple of weeks.
The Kiddo's activities have really taken over everything--too many more days in the car, and I'm not going to be able to stand up straight anymore.

Looks like he'll get placed on the local scholastic chess team that made it to nationals last year. I should be happy about that, right?
It's unfortunate that he has had such a despicable attitude lately...

Me? I'm ready to hermit myself away on the couch and stay there forever.
Did I mention that I have jury duty on Wednesday? Then more soccer, then chess, then more soccer, and more chess...

The worst part? The worst part is, that I have been dreaming chess. Every. Single. Damn. Night. And I haven't even played anyone besides the little guy in over a week.

Though, my husband likes me again, so things could be much worse!


“The beauty of a move lies not in its' appearance, but in the thought behind it”
(Aaron Nimzovich)

11 comments:

  1. I've been dreaming about small engine parts and dandelion roots.
    I think I'd take chess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jz,
      trade you for a week! Though I'm not sure how well I would do with small engine parts...They're all "thingies" to me.
      In the interests of full disclosure, I should probably tell you that the chess dreams come complete with algebraic notation...

      Delete
    2. ah.
      that changes the picture, I'm afraid.
      That makes it exchanging dream for nightmare.

      Pass! ;-p

      Delete
  2. Great news about Kiddo!
    Jury duty?? Ugggggh! It is never, ever convenient. They do that on purpose.
    Husband liking you: *high fives* *turning cartwheels* *cheesy grins* :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah,
      it is actually a big opportunity for him. This team is pretty exceptional.
      Now if only he could get his attitude in line and we could all be happy...

      Yea, I'm on call for jury duty until August. Inhumane.

      Life is sooo much better when your husband likes you lol.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully you won't get picked for jury duty. I have always lucked out, hope it passes on to you, unless, of course, you want to serve.
    As for the rest, sorry but it comes with being a mom. Hope you get through it as best you can.

    Stop dreaming chess and start dreaming something more pleasurable, like sex or a vacation, sans kiddies, in the Carribbean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sunnygirl,
      I wouldn't mind the jury duty, except that Alpha just started a project, and he'll have to take off work if I get selected.

      I dunno--crappy parenting is looking better and better!

      Ya'know, I like sex dreams, and I really never have them...

      Delete
  4. I think I like the idea of chess more than the zombie apocalypse nightmare I had last night ;) Hope the driving slows down soon!

    ava x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ava Grace,
      Ooh, those are the kind of dreams I have when I watch too many episodes of The Walking Dead.
      I have to agree--chess is preferable!
      Hope you have better dreams tonight.

      Delete
  5. Hey Lil, what's with jury duty always popping up at the worst time! Hooray for hubby liking you LoL. Dreaming chess? Argh ... you definitely need better dreams!

    Hope thing slow up a bit for you soon

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz,
      Had them again last night! Maybe I just need to start playing it more or something...

      Delete

Play nice.