Tuesday, April 2, 2013

When the Tables Turn

The amount of people who do or do not read here is something that I never really put a whole lot of thought into.
I mean, I pretty much ignore the silent majority, and am more than happy to converse with the ones who drop by and offer their thoughts on a regular basis.

Then page views surpassed 200,000. I got some seriously odd emails. Some people even started assuming that I knew what I was talking about! Oh the horror of it all...And people started telling me that they were reading the blog from beginning to present.
Good grief, I don't read it! And I'm pretty sure that even Alpha has missed a post here and there.

I seriously thought about running off and starting another one. You know, somewhere nice and quiet where absolutely nobody places any expectation or value on the words, and barely anyone ever shows up...

Then I thought about it...And I really do adore those of you who visit on a regular basis. I notice when you don't come around, and I am concerned for you when the universe decides that it's your turn to reside in the Universal Dumping Ground.
You inspire me, help me expand my perceptions, kick me when I need it, give me awesome recipes, and make me laugh when self-pity sets in and I want to cry.
I am grateful for your presence.

And I remembered our beginning years of ttwd. How I was so desperate for there to be others like me in the world, how I searched for people who made some semblance of sense out of all the craziness in my mind, and how I read some blogs from beginning to end.

So I'll keep my crazy little corner of the internet. Because I like it here.

I still remember the first two blogs that I devoured from the very beginning of their story to the last word on the page. I am still grateful for their existence, and the peek they gave me into a world that I wanted so badly to understand and live.

A Dominant Character, which no longer exists, but has come back in the form of What Does It Mean To Be Dominant, and Submissive Reflections, which has not been updated in years, but is still there.
I never said a word when I discovered them, but I read every single word that they wrote.

Why should I begrudge anyone their interest now that the tables have turned?

We are what we are. And sometimes, all we need is to know that what we are is okay.

34 comments:

  1. I've been reading yours for a couple of weeks amd just lurking on the outside. It helps to read other blogs and maybe you learn something, maybe you don't but, you always know you're not alone. So, thanks for keeping your corner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my crazy corner Jane.
      There really is something to be said for knowing that you aren't alone.

      Delete
  2. Been lurking for probably the whole time I've ever blogged. Glad you aren't running off and hiding! Isn't that funny though, I get that same feeling, even in life... to much goes on, my kids get involved.. somehow parents call me, want to talk or organize things with kids and I feel the need to run and hide!!

    Anyhow - glad you're here!


    -Emi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emi,
      You've de-lurked a couple of times! It's always nice to see the quiet ones say something lol.

      Delete
  3. There's been a few blogs mouse has read from beginning to end. Lol. Others she's content to start in the middle (figuratively).

    Hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mouse,
      lol, yea, I think that when you have discovered one or two blogs, it's much easier to read from the beginning--when you have a bunch that you read regularly...It changes a little.
      I read new blogs from the beginning! Yes, I am thinking about the ones with an average of three posts...

      Delete
  4. I too am glad you are not running and hiding too.

    I can't say I have read yours or anyone else's (besides aisha :) from beginning to end- but I do look forward to your updates and your perspective on , well on everything!

    ~faithful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. faithful,
      Oh I was so sad when aisha decided to quit her blog!
      Thank you.

      Delete
  5. I am glad you are here and I will keep tuning in regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sunnygirl. I always look forward to your visits.

      Delete
  6. Hi Lil, wow, that's a lot of views, congrats! I'm too an glad you are here and that you are not running off. I read regularly and enjoy your posts. You give me much food for thought in my own journey.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz,
      yes well, celebratory was not the feeling I had about the page views lol.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  7. Glad you're here Lil.
    With blogging it is the same as with the rest of life.
    We hope that somewhere, we will be found by someone who will take the torch when we have to stop. For all those seeking for comfort, we will go on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bas,
      quite true. And rather poetically put I might add.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for adding to my knowledge of ttwd!!

    Hugs,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SirQsmlb,
      You are quite welcome. It still amazes me that anyone finds anything helpful here lol.

      Delete
  9. Speaking as one of those people who enjoy your crazy ramblings, please keep your corner of the internet going. It is invaluable to those of us starting our own journeys.
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DelFonte,
      Oh, I'm keeping it. The desire for flight seems to have been passing.

      Thank you. I am truly glad that you and others have found something helpful here.

      Delete
  10. With over 350 followers and loads of emails you have I'm pretty sure some sort of blog riot would happen if you left, lol. Like hundreds of others, I too am glad you're here and are staying. I enjoy your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. st,
      The emails seem to come in waves. Sometimes there are long stretches without any.
      Blogs come and go a lot, and there will always be another blog to fill the void. Though each is unique to its writer.

      Delete
  11. Thank you from me too! Lurked about forever and learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I lurk and respond once in awhile. I love my bloggers! There are about five of you I follow and have read a few from beginning. I think it is safe to say if you left you would be greatly missed. So glad your here to stay! For now anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sticking around, lil. You give / have such a wonderful perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SubGirl,
      thank you. If I had made the decision to pack up and start again, I probably wouldn't have been able to follow through with it anyways--I'm surprisingly attached to this little corner.

      Delete
  14. From One Submissive to AnotherApril 3, 2013 at 2:31 PM

    Absoutly love that last line.
    I find it hard to accept that what i am is o.k and your blog does exactly that. I find myself wandering over to your corner when i feel a bit off about being a submissive and one way or another you make me feel ok about it.
    You rock lil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From One Submissive to Another,
      Thank you!
      I'm glad that you have found some of my words helpful.

      Delete
  15. I am one that is just starting out and I soooo appreciate your blog, along with some others. You absolutely make me feel like I'm not alone in this world and that I'm not a nut job for wanting this kind of lifestyle.


    I was TERRIFIED to bring this up to hubby for fear of him thinking I had completely lost my mind. But it was blogs like yours that helped me realize this isn't crazy, there are other people out there in the world that are doing this and are happy, it can be done!

    So THANK YOU lil for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His Subrina,
      I think that some times people underestimate how something as simple as bringing up the concept of D/s, can be soooo incredibly hard!
      But then it often isn't nearly as traumatic as we get ourselves worked up to think it will be...

      Thank you.

      Delete
  16. I am heartily glad you didn't run off. Please don't take this wrong, but it is so comforting for me to know that someone I have come to admire for their honesty and intelligence, and the thought they put into their topics, thrashes around in life as much as I do. You make me laugh, you make me cry, you make me go "hhhmmm". I'd miss you terribly if you were gone, lil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lm,
      LOL--I do, like a fish out of water most days!

      Thank you monkey. I really do appreciate it.

      And of course, I do rely on you to scoop up my poor dessicated sense of humor and ship it back when it runs off and gets lost.

      Delete

Play nice.