Monday, March 26, 2012

Bedroom Fantasies

Nope, not that kind of fantasy. Still working on admission of those. Maybe I'll post some of them sometime lol.

Alpha has been working on building bedrooms. One for the boys and one for us. He's going to finish the boy's first (some conscientious parenting thing lol). But he put windows in ours yesterday, and I think we have picked out some flooring for it as well.

I'm trying to convince him that it's just about warm enough outside to hang a blanket over the door and sleep in it as is. I promised I wouldn't move anything but the bed in lol. He's not going for it though--for some reason he wants to wait until it has floors and plaster and a door and some other stuff like a finished ceiling, that you can really live without in summer.

I would be lying if I said I didn't fantasize about the damn thing. But c'mon--wood floors, a room big enough to walk all the way around the bed, two suspiciously huge beams in the ceiling, an arched doorway, a curved staircase, a walk-in closet, thick enough walls to keep it delightfully cool in summer and cozy in winter...What more could a girl ask for, besides instant gratification.

Oh, and did I mention that there's plenty of room for bookshelves?

10 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful lil...patience is a virtue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dancingbarez, patience is a virtue...Just not one of mine lol. Though he has been working on them for like 4 years...

      Delete
  2. Just think how much you'll appreciate it when it's all done :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, oh I will. It will be the first time I have had a bed in a room big enough to walk around three sides of it.

      Delete
  3. Men can be so unreasonable!
    Sounds grand...
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jz, that's what I said! For some reason he doesn't want to move the bed for evey step left in the building process...And he has this thing about not having to walk outside before getting dressed in the morning (entrance to the house is still in progress lol).
      And yea, having always had tiny bedrooms it's definitely very cool.

      Delete
  4. Oh I'd so be fantasizing about that too!!!! Silly men, they should be a little more adventurous, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. faerie, yea, I think about it as I squeeze by the side of our bed every night lol.

      Delete
  5. O, that sounds fabulous! I had some remodeling done on my house a few years ago - made two bedrooms into one, walk-in closet, etc. It's still a joy.

    i'm so happy and excited for you!

    hugs,

    aisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aisha, oh yes, it's one of those worth the wait things to be sure.

      Delete

Play nice.