Monday, November 7, 2011

Counting blessings

I was feeling a bit down this morning, so I figured it was time to count my blessings (any and all cynicism comes with a written disclaimer), and take an alternative perspective on some of the blessings in my life:

A Mount Everest of debt An opportunity for developing long-term stress management skills.

Two crazy cute kitties.

Four cranky four-legged friends.

Two rotten healthy children.

A marriage to a big meanie? man who knows exactly how to treat me.

One batty, needy mother who loves me.

A bedroom that may never be finished home that is really ours.

Four vehicles, none of which is completely reliable with potential to be quite reliable.

A tendency towards to much sarcasm good sense of humor.

A body that feels like it may be falling apart in pretty good condition for having two kids.

A household of four currently lacking income that gets to spend a lot of time together.

A large following of debt collectors fan club!

A multitude of issues surrounding sex and personal acceptance relationship and sex life that gets better with each passing year.

And did I mention my skill at using humor to avoid addressing my real issues great sense of humor?

13 comments:

  1. :D You do have a great sense of humor, it's the only way to walk through the world... I'm sure I will find mine, until then I will laugh at yours. You always make me smile :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha :) I like your thinking! :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perspective is everything.
    Ah, the power of words...!
    ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that life is so stressful for you right now. I love your sense of humor and how you use it to help yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww! Good job!!! I need to do that too. I get how you feel.

    You are blessed with the kids alone...trust me.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!! Thus really made mouse smile and giggle!

    Hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. And a Intriguing way of doing things... lol . Thanks for the smile...

    ReplyDelete
  8. lil, I love your blog. You made me laugh out loud this morning! Glad to see you're such a "glass half full" kind of person!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol. I adore your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Naida, well I'm happy to loan my humour out. Though the people you live with may not enjoy it quite as much lol.

    Dee, I so rarely hear that! lol.

    Jz, yes it is. That's why I normally take the doomsday approach--to avoid disapointment. Thought I would try something new this time lol.

    Serenity, well some days it seems like a toss up between humorous approach and ax murderer on the loose. I'm aiming for the safe approach! And thanks for the thoughts.

    kelly, thank you. And yea, my niece has had a multitude of health problems from birth so I have learned to appreciate healthy kids in a whole new way.

    mouse, I made mouse smile! Glad to hear it.

    1manview, well I try not to be boring...And you are quite welcome.

    Jake, Good to know! And I hate to admit it, but I'm really not a "glass half full" kind of person. Thought I would give it a go though lol.

    kaya, *hangs kaya's comment on the wall for my doubtful family as proof that I DO have a funny sense of humour (they don't always appreciate it like I think they should lol).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this- I have a huge fan club too- ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LMAO! I loved this.. thank you for the chuckle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. viemora, dunno how I missed you the first time around...When I used to joke about having my own fan club, this is not exactly what I had in mind lol. But it's really the only good spin I can put on it!

    sierra, you are quite welcome. Glad you got a good chuckle out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.